The family reunion committee group
met with the remaining family from the reunion to conduct a farewell breakfast.
The group read the “Fruits of the Spirit” with the family. “Fruits of the
Spirit” is a biblical term that sums up the nine visible attributes of a true
Christian life. This part was very sentimental to me because we were saying
good-bye to family members we will not see again until the next two years. The
group tied up all the loose ends of the reunion.
As a group we had achieved our purpose
and were ready to move on to new things. I don’t think that high performing
groups are hardest to leave. There is unity established within the group. At
the end of the reunion the group’s morale was high. The group came together
during the last week of planning. Members were willing to change their
preconceived thoughts and solving of group issues.
There has not been a group that I
participated with that was hard for me to leave. As a group we began to
identify with each other. The level of trust contributed to the development of
group cohesion. I would have to say the closing ritual with “Fruits of the
Spirit” was most memorable activity that I have ever participated in as a team.
Adjourning is an essential stage of
teamwork because just as something begins, it has to end. When it is time for
me to adjourn from the group of colleagues I have formed while working on my
master’s degree in this program, I am sure that I will feel a sense of loss.
However, in this profession I never know when I will work with some of these
same people in future conferences locally and nationally.
Robbie,
ReplyDeleteI found your comment about adjourning from our "classmates" in this journey interesting. I feel much the same way. I think we will maintain informal contact with some classmates and because we do have many things in common related to our work, I can see that continued communication will probably happen.
Robbie,
ReplyDeleteI like how you summed up the importance of the adjourning stage. I never thought of feeling a sense of loss at the end of this program.